Thursday, November 1, 2012

WP Plugin: Learning to become Expert

Hi everyone! This must be my first post for the month of November. And today I am going to start putting up the different WP plugins that I learned lately. I am going to update this post from time to time though, since I believe that there are still a lot of Plugins that are very useful. In other words, I just want to make this post as a depository of all the WP plugins, which I think a very helpful tool when I want to use them again.

Here we go, before we start, I keep on saying WP, Plugins. Actually these are technical terms and below is my short discussion on what are these strange words mean.

WP, it simply stands for the word WordPress. What is Wordpress by the way? If you will check the tutorial button on the top of this page, I had already discussed there what is this, but for all sake, I am going to discuss here again. 


What is Wordpress?
Wordpress or WP is an online website creation tool written in PHP but in a non geek speaking it's probably the easiest way and the most popular content management today. Wordpress is actually being used by New York Times, CNN, and Katy Perry's website to name a few.

According to Wikipedia:
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 16.7% of Alexa Internet's "top 1 million" websites and as of August 2011 manages 22% of all new websites. WordPress is currently the most popular blogging system in use on the Internet.

In simple explanation in our layman's term, Wordpress is like Microsoft Word wherein you can put content and layout into it.

Now let's move on the second word, Plugins.

What are Plugins?
Plugins are tools to extend the functionality of WordPress. There are actually hundreds or even thousands plugins made by open source developers already and I have been using some of them. Thanks for the developers who made them. I should say, keep up the good job! Let's say you want to put some social buttons or floating bars on your website. This can be done using Plugin. In other words, plugin will help your website more fantastic and functional.

Now, let me share to you some of the useful plugins that I already used. Listed below are as follows. In my next post, I might be explaining to you each plugin individually. For now I will just post the plugin names:

Akismet
Digg Digg
Contact Form 7
Ultimate Tiny MCE
WP Limit Posts Automatically
Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
User Access Manager
Category Page (I like this but its no longer supported)


That is all for now, I will be posting more useful plugins on my next post. Thanks. 


Back to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment